1. Faith (even just a tiny bit can move a mountain!)
2. Prayer
3. Fasting
There are a couple of other scriptures that our teacher pointed out that help us to understand how to prepare before a miracle:
-3 Nephi 18:20- Pray and have faith!
-D&C 50:29- Be clean and pure and then ask God in the name of Christ (prayer again)
-D&C 42:8- The person who wants to be healed needs to have faith
It is so amazing that such simple little things, when done right, can bring about miracles! I love how simple the Lord's way is! It reminds me of a scripture master scripture that we studied in Seminary. Alma 37:6-7
6 Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord dothcconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
This might be one of my favorite scriptures! I know that the Lord's way might seem harder sometimes, but if we look at it from an eternal perspective, having faith and avoiding sin will make us so much happier and it will be easier in the long run. I am so glad that we have such a thing as miracles and that because we have the proper authority of the Priesthood restored we can experience so many blessings. I know that if we follow Christ's counsel and are having faith, praying, and fasting, great miracles can come to pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment