Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Here We Go!"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have decided to join the world of Mommy Bloggers! I love being a mom and I want to share that with the world! I want to be a support for other moms out there who are going through the same things that I am and let them know they are not alone! So, in the words of Princess Peach, "Here we go!" (I'm not really a huge Mario fan or anything, but I love the way she says it!)

I know that some of this is on here somewhere, but it's been a while and I've left a lot out! SO!

My name is Samantha. I am currently attending BYU-Idaho for my LAST SEMESTER of college!
Last semester. Last one.
I met my husband here in a classic BYU-I story: It was my first semester here at school and I was living in the dorms. He was fresh off his mission and was coming back to school. We ended up being in the same Family Home Evening group. He asked out all of my roommates on dates BEFORE me and then took me out. Not long after that, he visited my family in Oregon with me for spring break, where we realized how great we were for each other and how much we really liked each other. We started dating when we got back, got engaged about 2 months after that, were married about 2 months after that, and were pregnant by the end of the year! We now have two beautiful children: Calvin, who just turned two, and Brooklyn, who is five months old. I will have to do more catching up later! :)

Anyway, life is good.
It's crazy...
But good.

Sometimes it amazes me how much noise two tiny people can make, but I smile because this is my life!
I have always wanted to be a mom and now I get to live my dream!
There are times when things seem to all be going really not well...
But when Calvin comes up and gives me a huge hug and kisses or when Brooklyn smiles when she sees me, I melt! It makes all of the messes, the tantrums, the screaming, the worrying, the tears, the stress, and the craziness all worth it.
I know that Heavenly Father sent me these precious little people to raise because He knows that I am who they need and they are who I need. It amazes me how much they have taught me in the short time since they have been born! I only hope that I can do my job to the best of my abilities so I can lead them the way Heavenly Father wants me to.

Those are my thoughts for today.
The end.

Hahahahaha

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You know how I feel about blogging! Can't wait to read more!!! Good job, Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so sweet, Sam:) I love it! Now you just need to post some pictures of you and your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete