Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"The Savior's Instructions for the Holy Ghost"

  This week I am going to be talking about the Holy Ghost! I love the Holy Ghost!! The questions my professor asked us to answer are a little bit involved so I just copied and bolded them here:
  1. As you study the following verses, make a list of what the Savior taught about (1) what the Holy Ghost does and (2) what disciples must do to receive the Holy Ghost:
    • John 14:15–17
    1. The Holy Ghost dwells with us and comforts us.
    2. The disciples need to keep the commandments and pray for the Holy Ghost.
    • John 14:26–27
    1. The Holy Ghost helps us remember things, teaches us, and comforts us.
    2. The disciples needed to not be afraid or troubled.
    • John 15:26–27
    1. The Holy Ghost testifies of Christ.
    2. The disciples also bear witness of Christ.
    • John 16:7–8
    1. The Holy Ghost reproves the world of sin, judgment, and righteousness.
    2. The disciples had to be alone- Christ had to leave them.
    • John 16:13–14
    1. The Holy Ghost guides us in truth, shows us things to come, receives those who believe in Christ, and glorifies Christ.
    2. The disciples need to accept the Holy Ghost.
  2. Add to your list above as you study the following resources:
    • Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “The Holy Ghost Brings Man to His Fullest Potential” (pg. 168)
    • The Holy Ghost helps us think better. He expands our minds and purifies us, cultures us, and matures us. He inspires us to be good. He helps develop a person's beauty. He invigorates, strengthens, and calms us. He helps us be happy!
    • Institute student manual Points to Ponder, “As a Messenger of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost Teaches Faithful Members” (pg. 168)
    • The Holy Ghost enlightens and instructs those who are keeping the commandments. He quickens minds, reveals mysteries, is a special messenger of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, carrying out their will.
    • Bible Dictionary, “Holy Ghost” (pg. 704)
    • The power of the Holy Ghost helps people develop a testimony. The gift of the Holy Ghost offers companionship and cleansing from sin. He teaches truth and can show people things that are to come.
  3. Review your list of what the Holy Ghost does. Then write responses to the following tasks:
    • Describe how the Holy Ghost helped the Apostles fulfill their missions after the Savior’s death and resurrection.
    • I think that the Holy Ghost gave them comfort. They were chased and hated and the Holy Ghost helped buoy them up so they could go on. I think it also helped to build the testimonies of the people they taught, helping them spread the gospel.
    • Write a paragraph about a time when the Holy Ghost blessed you in one of the ways you listed above. Give an example of how the Holy Ghost has inspired you.
    • There have been so many times in my life that I have felt the Holy Ghost and He has comforted me. This happened a lot when I was a brand new mom. I was constantly worried about my little boy and whether or not he was ok in the night. I would pray that he would be watched over, but I still stressed. The Holy Ghost would comfort me and let me know that he was fine and he always was. I was able to sleep better and stop worrying. This was a huge blessing!
    • The Holy Ghost inspires me to do things quite often. Sometimes I do not listen, and it does not end well. When I do listen, I am usually very grateful! One thing that I think was inspiration happened before my husband and I started dating. I asked him to come visit my family over spring break. I think it was out of the blue, but I think I just felt like it was something I needed to do. He ended up spending spring break with me and my family, my family fell in love with him, we started to fall in love, and started dating when we got back to school. I don't know how we would have gotten together if I hadn't invited him to come to my home that week. I am so grateful for that little inspiration!
    • I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost. He is such an amazing companion and protector and comforter and I know that if I am worthy of His companionship, He will never leave me and He will guide me in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment