Saturday, January 11, 2014

Spiritual Thought

I know it has been forever since I last updated the blog, but that is going to change! This week we started school again and I am taking a class in which we are studying the New Testament. For one of our assignments we are encouraged to share what we learned in our studies this week and I chose to do mine in blog form! Hopefully it will help me get back on track with updating!! :)

The topic I am choosing to discuss is the birth of John the Baptist. In Luke 1:14 the angel Gabriel is talking to Zacharias about the upcoming birth of John. He says, "And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth." Before he was even conceived, the plan for John was well in place and he had a great destiny ahead of him. As the chapter continues, Zacharias goes on to tell why John will be such a blessing to others and why they will have reason to rejoice at his birth. He says that he “shalt be called a prophet of the Highest… (vs. 76)”, he will prepare the world for the coming of Jesus Christ, and turn many of the people’s hearts to Him. John the Baptist was kind of the biggest sign before the coming of Christ and because of him and his work, many people were able to accept Christ and be blessed. These are all reasons to rejoice! John the Baptist would help lead people to the Savior and having the Savior in our lives is one of the greatest blessings of all!

I am grateful for John the Baptist and all that he did to prepare the world for Jesus Christ. I am grateful that he lived worthily to be a prophet and that he had faith in his Savior (who is also his cousin!). Because of him, people were able to make a smoother transition to following Christ because they listened to the prophet.

Well, that is all I have for now! Expect another update soon! And have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment